Skip to main content

Moved From or Moved Forward?

Are we being moved away from or are we moving forward in the call of God?

Acts 20:22-24 NKJV
And see, now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me. But none of these things move me;
nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

The apostle Paul was so confident in His calling. And had such a  desire to fulfill the purpose of God that nothing he faced was going to move him from his commitment to share the Gospel. The fear of the unknown didn't stop him. He even received a prophetic message that he would face being imprisoned and  put in chains and face many tribulations but still he pressed forward. Many in the church surely would have called him a fool for moving forward and going to Jerusalem. But I believe that He understood his call, had real faith, real passion, a real burden and was willing to give his own life just so he could testify /share the gospel.

My goodness many in the  church need to wake up and hear the call, have faith, pray for passion and a real burden to reach the lost with the Gospel of grace.

My question for the many today in the church that don't have a passion or a burden to reach the lost with the gospel. Is this, have you really received the message of grace? Paul could not be stopped from sharing the gospel of grace because he knew and had experienced the power of grace.

 Lord pour out on your church your Holy Spirit, pour out your grace & compassion. Share your heart with us for the lost, broken, poor, and bound of this world.

 Lord take away our fear & frustration and give us real faith. Empower us to GO in Jesus name!

Comments