Skip to main content

God calls us His Beloved!



God addresses His children many times in the Bible as beloved. I want to define beloved and look at seven passages and see what our great God and Saviour is saying to those He calls His beloved.

Beloved- a much loved person, cherished, valued, and precious.

Somebody ought to shout, right there because, God loves, cherishes, values and considers you precious.


Romans 12:19-21 NKJV Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. Therefore “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.


1. God says to His dearly beloved, I got your back. Don't be concerned with your haters, or those who have spoken bad about you, or mistreated you. He then says, instead of trying to get even with them love them, pray for them, and bless them.

I Corinthians 10:14 NKJV Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.

2. God says to His dearly beloved, run from, flee, and separate your self from every form of idolatry. God's beloved run from idolatry and sexual sin because they realize nothing or no one can compare to the love, presence, and power of God.

II Corinthians 7:1 NKJV Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

3. God says to His dearly beloved, Check out everything I am offering to you, every promise in the Bible is yours through faith in Jesus. No good thing has been withheld from you. So separate yourself from the world, walk in holiness and reverence towards me.

Philippians 4:1 NKJV Therefore, my beloved and longed-for brethren, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, beloved.

4. God says to His dearly beloved, I long for you, you are my joy and crown. Hold on, endure and stand fast. Cling to me because I am clinging to you. You can endure because Jesus endured the cross.

II Timothy 1:2 NKJV To Timothy, a beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

5. God says to His dearly beloved, You are my son or daughter. I am pouring out my grace, mercy and peace on you.

I Peter 2:11 NKJV Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul,

6. God begs His dearly beloved to live as earth is not your home, He encourages you to live for eternity. He says to crucify your fleshy lusts. Because He realizes that we have an enemy of our soul who has declared war on us. Yes, Jesus has already won our victory but in order for us to position ourselves in victory we must abstain from the flesh remain in Christ. We must bring our flesh under subjection to Christ.

James 1:16-17 NKJV Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

7. God says to His dearly beloved, don't be deceived. Don't believe that He is against you but rather for you. He gives you every good and perfect gift from heaven. God is not a taker but a giver.

I encourage you to love God with all your heart, soul, and mind. Jesus loves you. The Bible says we love Him, because He first loved us. He loved you so much He gave His life for you on the cross as a payment for your sin. Jesus was willing to die for you. Are you willing to live your life for Him?

Comments