Skip to main content

How to Pray for Pastors, Missionaries and Preachers!


1 Thessalonians 5:25
Brethren, pray for us.

Prayer Requests from a Preacher/ Messenger of God.

Ephesians 6:19-20
Pray for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

  ~Prophetic utterance
  ~Boldness to declare the Gospel (see also Philippians 1:19)
  ~That even in chains that they would speak as they ought to. (see also Colossians 4:4)

2 Thessalonians 3:1-2
Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may run swiftly and be glorified, just as it  is with you, and that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men; for not all have faith.

  ~People are receptive to the Gospel so that it spreads quickly through the earth.
  ~God is glorified
  ~Protection from wicked men

Colossians 4:3-4
meanwhile praying also for us, that God would open to us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in chains, that I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.

  ~Open doors to preach 
  ~Even in the face persecution that we would speak as ought to. (see also Ephesians 6:20)

Romans 15:30-32
Now I beg you, brethren, through the Lord Jesus Christ, and through the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in prayers to God for me, that I may be delivered from those in Judea who do not believe, and that my service for Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints, that I may come to you with joy by the will of God, and may be refreshed together with you.

  ~Strive together we partner with the messengers of God through prayer. We help bring deliverance and salvation as we are faithful to pray
  ~Joy and refreshing

2 Corinthians 1:10
you also helping together in prayer for us, that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the gift granted to us through many.

  ~For many to be thankful for the gift of God

Philippians 1:19-20
For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death.

  ~We can be confident that our prayers will bring about deliverances.
  ~Boldness (see also Ephesians 6:19)
  ~God would be magnified in all things even to the point of death.

Philemon 1:22
But, meanwhile, also prepare a guest room for me, for I trust that through your prayers I shall be granted to you.

  ~Be prepared for God to answer your prayers. Prepare in the natural for what you are believing for God to do in the supernatural. 

Comments